tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Kramer <Andreas.Kra...@oxeed.com>
Subject Problem with *:type=GlobalRequestProcessor,name=jk
Date Sat, 15 May 2004 16:51:35 GMT
Hallo,

I'm working on an Nagios-Plugin for Tomcat. I want read the status
information from the StatusManagerServlet in plain XML.

I discovered that the objekt registration of the GlobalRequestProcessor
and RequestProcessor in org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.java differs
from the name schema in org.apache.coyote.http11.HttpProtocol.java.
I use TC CVS HEAD.
---
Registry.getRegistry().registerComponent( global,
                                getDomain(), "GlobalRequestProcessor",
                                "type=GlobalRequestProcessor,name=jk");
ObjectName roname = new ObjectName(getDomain() +

":type=RequestProcessor,name=JkRequest" +count++);
---
rgOname=new ObjectName
                (domain + ":type=GlobalRequestProcessor,name=" + getName());
---

If I query with the jmxproxy/?qry=*:type=GlobalRequestProcessor,* I get:

---
Name: Catalina:type=GlobalRequestProcessor,name=http-9080
modelerType: org.apache.coyote.RequestGroupInfo
requestCount: 4
maxTime: 82
bytesSent: 1771
bytesReceived: 0
processingTime: 156
errorCount: 0

Name: Catalina:type=GlobalRequestProcessor,name=jk
modelerType: org.apache.coyote.RequestGroupInfo
requestCount: 2
maxTime: 259
bytesSent: 2461
bytesReceived: 0
processingTime: 416
errorCount: 0
---

For jmxproxy/?qry=*:type=ThreadPool I get:

---
Name: Catalina:type=ThreadPool,name=http-9080
modelerType: org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
name: http-9080

Name: Catalina:type=ThreadPool,name=jk9009
modelerType: org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
name: TP

Name: Catalina:type=ThreadPool,name=jk9010
modelerType: org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
name: TP
---

First the GlobalRequestProcessor information for jk connector
are not displayed in /manager/status and second with 2 or more
jk connectors all stats where count in one Object.

How this problem can be solved? I searched the maillist and bug database
but found nothing about this. I don't want make changes in the main catalina
or jtc sources for our production servers. Changing the StatusManagerServlet
solves it for one connector.

Thanks
AK