tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Thrys√łe <...@conscius.com>
Subject Re: Embedding Jasper / JSP compiling
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 16:11:27 GMT
Rick Knowles wrote:
> Dennis,
>
> I'm not a tomcat dev, but hopefully I can help anyway - having done what
> I think it is you're trying to do. I did mine for the Winstone servlet
> container (http://winstone.sourceforge.net)
>
> For Nos 1 and 2, I can't help. But for No 3 it involves setting context
> attributes:
> 1) org.apache.catalina.jsp_classpath, and
> 2) org.apache.catalina.classloader
>
> It seems that 1 is the one that does the work. It doesn't actually even
> seem to call 2 at class load time, but there is code that reads 2, so I
> set it anyway.
>
> By setting 1, you don't actually set the classloader, but you make a new
> classloader that has the same classpath. If that's not what you want,
> maybe someone else on the list can help.
>
> The only other thing you have to do is mount the JspServlet, which it
> sounds like you've already done.

Thanks for your answer, which I think would help somewhat. But I already
figured this part out, and have that working.

The part that I have trouble with is using my own classloader, because
with the classpath I can only refer to jars and directories. What I need
to do is load classes from jars within jars, and other places as well.

But I will certainly look into the org.apache.catalina.classloader
context attribute. That one had missed my attention.

-dennis