tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Thrys√łe <...@conscius.com>
Subject Embedding Jasper / JSP compiling
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 11:31:16 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently working on embedding a jasper engine within a servlet
container that I'm writing. During this work I have run into the
following questions:

1) Is the only advantage to using fork=true, that the javac memory leak
issue is avoided?

2) Has the javac memory leak issue been fixed in newer versions of the JDK?

3) Is there any way to have the Java code generated from JSPs compiled
using my own classloader? I was thinking, that if I used fork=false,
maybe javac would just use the present classloader.

Any help with the above questions would be greatly appreciated, since it
seems that I'm on a fairly difficult endeavour here.

TIA,

-dennis