tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question on 5.0.23
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 00:26:32 GMT
I have some possible problems with Jasper and XML syntax. One example
from old watchdog:

<jsp:root
xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page" version="1.2"
xmlns:direct="urn:jsptld:/WEB-INF/tlds/example-taglib.tld"

<jsp:text><![CDATA[<html>
<title>positiveDirectTldReference</title>
]]></jsp:text>

<jsp:text><![CDATA[

]]></jsp:text>
<direct:test toBrowser="true" att1="att1">
<jsp:text><![CDATA[
Validated
]]></jsp:text>
</direct:test>
<jsp:text><![CDATA[
]]></jsp:text>

</jsp:root>

Generates for the tag:

         do {
           out.write("<jsp:text>");
           out.write("\n");
           out.write("Validated\n");
           out.write("</jsp:text>");
           out.write('\n');
           int evalDoAfterBody = _jspx_th_direct_test_0.doAfterBody();
           member = (String) _jspx_page_context.findAttribute("member");
           if (evalDoAfterBody !=
javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.BodyTag.EVAL_BODY_AGAIN)
             break;
         } while (true);

So the tag body is not getting evaluated. I suspect this patch, which
was not yet present in 5.0.22:

kinman      2004/04/16 16:22:30

   Modified:    jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler
                         JspDocumentParser.java
   Log:
   - Fix a bug where a custom tag with tagdependent body type is not
     handled correctly in XML syntax.  The fix would have been trivial
if not
     for the cases where <jsp:attribute> and/or <jsp:body> is present.

I'm not too big on tags though, so I don't know for sure if it's even a bug.

(et hop, 5.0.25 ... :/ )

Rémy