tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question on 5.0.23
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 16:02:22 GMT
Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a strange issue with 5.0.23 that's making me question my stable
> vote from earlier today.  It has to do with a 3rd party servlet which
> checks for the presence of a cookie, if not found prompts for some user
> information, and then redirects (response.sendRedirect) to another page.
> The exact same code base and test case works in 5.0.19 but not in
> 5.0.23.  Was something relevant changed?
>
> Looking at the changelog, I'd like clarification on:
> "Optimization: delay parsing of the cookies (remm)"
>
> I'm running Sun JDK 1.4.2 on Solaris 8 (all patches installed).  As I
> mentioned it works with tomcat 5.0.19.  I'll proceed to try the
> intermediate builds 5.0.20, 5.0.21, and 5.0.22 to further narrow the
> possibilities.  Thanks,

I did find what the problem was: I did some testing, so I checked out an
earlier revision of the file (CoyoteRequest, of course). Unfortunately,
I'm using a new CVS tool with which I have less experience (tortoise) -
not that I wanted to, but WinCVS decided to simply stop working one day
- which doesn't display tags in a visible way, and the result is that an
older revision of the file is in the build :(

I'll have to do a new 5.0.24 build today, then.

Rémy