tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/session JDBCStore.java PersistentManagerBase.java StandardManager.java StandardSession.java StoreBase.java
Date Sat, 01 May 2004 12:26:34 GMT
Glenn Nielsen wrote:
> Remy,
>
> I am sick and tired of your crap. For whatever reason you don't like
> any of my contributions.  You always try to find some way to justify
> a -1 of anything I contribute.  Frankly you are the main reason why
> I rarely contribute to Tomcat any more.  I just got tired of dealing
> with your shit. IMHO your interactions with people on this list and in
> bugzilla hurts the Tomcat community.

I get the message. Frankly, I do not miss your contributions, as I have
always considered to be of average quality. You're not the only one who
hasn't appreciated working with the other.

I'd like to point out that:
- I do listen to feedback, so I have retracted my -1
- I don't see how you can expect to be well recieved if you make an
unnanouced risky patch on a really mature branch after having been away
from months

Of course, I will reflect this in light of my involvement with the
community. I think this can wait until the new release, which is a few
days away.

> And of course I did discusss this patch before I committed it.
> I posted a summary of the patch on Apr 20 which contained the
> same information as my commit message. From anyone else I would
> expect an apology, but not from an egotistical piece of shit like you.

I somehow did miss the original message, so I apologize. Really a bad
mistake on my part, and I suggest using [PROPOSAL] to attract more
attention, and esp when proposing core changes.

Now, as for the rest of the paragraph, I obviously don't want to have to
interact with you anymore.

> And for those of you watching from the sidelines this is the first
> time on any of the ASF/Tomcat lists I have attacked someone personally.
> I have always tried to keep discussions technical rather than get
> personal.

Whatever.

Rémy