tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Fowler <Adam.Fow...@ideagen.co.uk>
Subject RE: HTTP 1.1 Connector - Bye bye?
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 16:30:39 GMT
Hi,

IMHO Quite a few people seem to still use it. I'd be inclined to remove it
from future distributions but keep it up on the web somewhere, along with
its documentation, and put a note on the connectors documentation saying
"its deprecated but if you insist on using it follow this link".

If it magically dissappears you're only gonna end up with a few hundred
posts on the users list in the following months asking where its
dissappeared too.

Putting the code itself into some form of CVS attic seems sensible to me
tho.

Just my 5 pennies worth...

Adam.

This email and any files attached is intended for the addressee only and may contain information
that is confidential and/or legally privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise
use this message, including any attachment, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.

We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses. However, you do need to verify
this e-mail and any attachments to it to be virus free as we can take no responsibility for
any computer virus which might be transferred by way of this e-mail.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed by SurfControl E-mail Filter
software in conjunction with virus detection software.