tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Detlef Pleiß <detlef.ple...@colours.de>
Subject AW: Tomcat 5 - Proposal: move commons-fileupload-1.0.jar to commo n/lib
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 12:57:00 GMT
> Because we strongly encourage webapps to be self-contained (all their
dependencies in WEB-INF/lib).  Things like the XML > parser are the
exception, not the rule.  You don't need to move fileupload from server/lib
to common/lib: you can leave > it there for tomcat's internal use and put
your own version in your webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory.

ok, understood, thanks for your response!

> Your point about the Xerces version in the release note is good and will
be addressed shortly.  Thanks,

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

sender.  Thank you.