tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Detlef PleiƟ <detlef.ple...@colours.de>
Subject Tomcat 5 - Proposal: move commons-fileupload-1.0.jar to common/li b
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 08:09:54 GMT
hello,

Tomcat 5 comes with commons-fileupload-1.0.jar in server/lib.
I believe it's in there as to make it available to the server/webapps admin
and manager.
Now I make use of commons fileupload in one of my "normal" webapps.
But, as for the classloaders, that only works after moving
commons-fileupload-1.0.jar from server/lib to common/lib.
I don't use admin or manager, so I don't know, but believe, that moving
fileupload to common should not break these.
But, having fileupload in common would enable its immediate use for normal
webapps.
IMHO this could be documented in the RELEASE-NOTES just like how Xerces is
available for web applications,
that commons fileupload is available to web applications as well.
BTW: the RELEASE-NOTES still speak of "Xerces 2.6.0 is included" where
Xerces 2.6.2 is included with Tomcat 5.0.24.
If I overlooked any good reason for not moving fileupload to common, I would
be grateful to learn about it.

ciao - thanks - Det.