tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: HTTP 1.1 Connector - Bye bye?
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 16:59:09 GMT
It's been gone from j-t-catalina for quite awhile now, so this would be a
change to TC 4.1.x.  Personally I think that removing this would be too big
of a change for a maintenance branch.  However, I haven't been active on the
4.1 branch for a very long time, so I'll leave the decision up to those
people that are still interested in it ;-).

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 9:24 AM
Subject: HTTP 1.1 Connector - Bye bye?

Hi,
Should we bid adieu to the HTTP11 connector (the old, non-Coyote one) at
some point in the near future?  It's been deprecated for a while, and
given the default settings (Coyote) and active discouragement from using
HTTP11 to user, I think it's safe to assume it's not being widely used.
We can remove it from the distro, and/or move it into a CVS Attic.
Thoughts / Comments?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

sender.  Thank you.