tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Discussion - /jkstatus and xml
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:27:08 GMT
I already said I'm -0 on XML format for /jkstatus.

It is a status page to allow people to quickly see the status. If you
want to programmatically process it - the right solution is to get the
informations into the JMX engine on tomcat side. I believe there is
already code to do some of this and expose some of the mod_jk components
as MBeans.

Yes, some people may want to just get info from mod_jk side and won't
care about tomcat monitoring. But developing a proprietary solution,
specificially for mod_jk is IMO bad.

It would be much better if we find what other info from mod_jk is needed
and pass it to tomcat JMX, then use JMX tools to do all monitoring on a
common basis.

( I won't get into the evil of inventing random XML formats and
replacing a simple html with a complex solution involving XSL and
templates ).

Costin