tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Discussion - /jkstatus and stylesheets
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 07:19:18 GMT
Thorsten Kamann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Henri Gomez schrieb:
>
>> Well I didn't like very well the hardcoded way, so I'd like to have it
>> externally.
>>
>> We could :
>>
>> Define a stylesheet property var in workers2.properties, which will
>> contains a full URL and if this var is null, fallback to previous method.
>

> Is there a chance the jk provides the status as xml? So the status can
> checked programmatically. With an nice XSL-Stylesheet I can integrate
> the status in every monitor page .
>
> Your comments?

I think the status page should be in XML, and more specifically in XHTML.

We can have all the "class" and "id" attributes that you need to define
either a CSS or XSL stylesheet for programatic access.

However I don't think inventing another XML format and then adding all
the complexity of XSL to just view the status page is the best idea.

Costin