tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "David Cassidy" <david.cass...@db.com>
Subject RE: single percent sign in a parameter causes an exception report detailing tomcat version
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:32:13 GMT

its very very easy to replicate.
Seems there is a buffer in jk_ajp_common.c line 383 ?
which gives a Error ajp_marshal_into_msgb - Error appending the query string
in the jk.log file !

Just do ........testpage.jsp?param=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

and make the value 7600 'A's long !

I've tried customizing the error page for the single percent sign problem with a status code
500 but it doesn't seem to work :(
any ideas ?

Thanks

David

                      "Shapira, Yoav"

                      <Yoav.Shapira@mpi        To:       "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                      .com>                    cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: single percent sign in a parameter
causes an exception report detailing tomcat version
                      16/04/2004 14:16

                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat

                      Developers List"

Hi,

>still makes a nasty mess on your screen :)

That's subjective: I tend to like all the information I can get, but
then again I'm a developer.  The error pages at least are easily
customizable (including in a global way for the tomcat server admin) to
include or not include whatever you want.

>They also discovered that if you pass 7,600 bytes as the value for a
GET
>parameter
>that mod_jk1 tells you the server is down.

Now that's a good one!  I don't use mod_jk but that's a cool find.  If
you haven't already, you should enter the full test details in Bugzilla
so we can reproduce and fix it.

Yoav Shapira

in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.