tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: What is the possibility of / interest in a 4.1.31 release?
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:35:34 GMT
Parallel question:

How many think that the public messaging should be that more along the
lines of "Tomcat 5 is now at least as stable/mature as Tomcat 4.1.30"
and that folk should upgrade to it?

Having asked, I still believe a 4.1.31 for such an issue as that brought
up here would be appropriate.  I ask the question in terms of messaging
to users, OEMs, etc, that 4.1.x has been superseded by 5.0.x in terms of
the best version for production -- if/when the community feels this is
reality.

Personally, I feel that 5.0.22 is at least as stable as the latest
4.1.x, is faster, and overall is preferable.

--
Jess Holle