tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <>
Subject Re: What is the possibility of / interest in a 4.1.31 release?
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:35:34 GMT
Parallel question:

How many think that the public messaging should be that more along the
lines of "Tomcat 5 is now at least as stable/mature as Tomcat 4.1.30"
and that folk should upgrade to it?

Having asked, I still believe a 4.1.31 for such an issue as that brought
up here would be appropriate.  I ask the question in terms of messaging
to users, OEMs, etc, that 4.1.x has been superseded by 5.0.x in terms of
the best version for production -- if/when the community feels this is

Personally, I feel that 5.0.22 is at least as stable as the latest
4.1.x, is faster, and overall is preferable.

Jess Holle

Jeff Tulley wrote:

>For a third time, we have had a defect logged on the fact that I
>introduced a bug into JNDIRealm while adding a new filtering feature.
>The fix was very simple and has been made, but post-release of 4.1.30.
>That, and the admin application largely does not work due to an
>unfortunate tagging problem.
>What is the possibility that there will be a 4.1.31 release?  Is there
>any interest in that?
>I am not a committer and so cannot bring this about, but I wanted to
>suggest that it seems to me to be a very good idea.
>Jeff Tulley  (
>Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: