tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Spam vulnerability at apache
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 07:55:06 GMT
OK. Thanks guys!

There is also the issue of getting spam directly to my email address,
due to the fact that the email address is out there on the net in some
list archives somewhere, vulnerable to email-address spiders looking for
someone to point their spam cannons at. The careful ones, i.e.
www.mail-archive.com, hide them, but others (marc.theaimsgroup.com) don't.

Adam

On 04/13/2004 11:27 PM Craig McClanahan wrote:
> Adam Hardy wrote:
>
>> Actually I have found the spam resulting from this list to be
>> negligible. That includes the user list.
>>
> For that, you should thank the moderators of these two lists (Remy,
> Ignacio, Yoav, and Mark) who patiently field all the spam from
> non-subscribed addresses and filter out the non-relevant stuff.  I'm a
> moderator on some other Apache lists and get tens to low hundreds of
> moderate requests per day; I would imagine that the Tomcat lists attract
> quite a few more than that.
>
> Craig

struts 1.2 + tomcat 5.0.19 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian