tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spam vulnerability at apache (was: Re: Photo document [TID#4977])
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:46:46 GMT
Jeff Tulley wrote:

>If I am not mistaken, this email probably results from somebody on the
>list having one of the many recent viruses.

Actually, that is not necessary to see messages like this.  All that
needs to happen is that someone who is infected has both the email
address of a subscriber and the email address of the mailing list
visible (in an address book or something).  The infected party does
*not* have to be a subscriber himself or herself.

Craig