tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Fastenrath <bfastenr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: WYSIWYG Portal/Weblog Server based on Jakarta/Tomcat
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 18:47:44 GMT

That would be a nice foundation but I'd rather develop the portal in
some kind of
development tool than edit all the xml files described in the jetspeed
documentation ;-)

Maybe an XML Editor could be configured to know schemes for all the
required xml
files and generate the jetspeed configuration as a first step.

I'd add a simple image manipulation tool to clip, scale and fit images
into the application
and wrap it into an XHTML editor that knows about Portlets, for good
measure.

Jetspeed seems to be the engine of choice, however. I've been looking at
some perl
and php stuff lately but it all seems quite messy and fragile.