tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jeanfrancois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5 CoyoteAdapter.java CoyoteOutputStream.java CoyoteReader.java CoyoteRequest.java CoyoteWriter.java
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:23:06 GMT

Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Bill Barker wrote:
>
>> I'm -0 on this.  The classes modified are all internal to the Tomcat 5.x
>> CoyoteConnector, so there is no good reason to make them public.
>>
>> The way that Coyote is designed, this should always be unnecessary.
>> The way
>> to build a new connector is to define a new ProtocolHandler that
>> deals with
>> the transport.
>

> I agree, but right now the access declarations were inconsistent. I
> know Jean-François used this for pretty advanced embedding, so being
> able to extend doesn't hurt.

Exactly. I agree re-writting a Protocolhandler was the solution (and I
did it), but I was still looking to extends CoyoteAdapter. As an
example, if cookie are already parsed by the NSAPI, I don't want to call
CoyoteAdapter.parseSessionId(..), but I still want to re-use the
remaining of the class.

-- Jeanfrancois