tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Fowler <Adam.Fow...@ideagen.co.uk>
Subject RE: compiling mod_jk 2.0.4 on macos X (10.2)
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 14:42:44 GMT
Hi Marco,

It sounds like the configure script is telling Make (*simplification*) to
only build static files (.la), which is bizarre. Try running configure with
the following option to force it to build the shared (.so) libraries:

./configure --enable-shared=yes ... *plus other options as usual*

Then do:

make clean
make

as usual.

Hope that helps,

Adam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Baringer [mailto:mb@bese.it]
Sent: 02 April 2004 15:03
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: compiling mod_jk 2.0.4 on macos X (10.2)

i'm trying to compile mod_jk (just the apache side, not the tomcat
side).

I downloaded jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.4-src. apr-0.9.4 and
apr-util-0.9.4 and was able to successfully run configure (i'm building
against apache 1.3).

however trying to do make results in an error about
build/jk2/apache13/mod_jk2.so not existing (it doesn't). i have all the
.o files and i have mod_jk2.a and mod_jk2.la, why isn't the .so file
being built?

Attempts to build against apache2 result in configure errors about
libapr not being found.

--
Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.

This email and any files attached is intended for the addressee only and may contain information
that is confidential and/or legally privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise
use this message, including any attachment, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.

We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses. However, you do need to verify
this e-mail and any attachments to it to be virus free as we can take no responsibility for
any computer virus which might be transferred by way of this e-mail.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed by SurfControl E-mail Filter
software in conjunction with virus detection software.