tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Amrun" <>
Subject own property file for db-connection
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:16:05 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm working with Tomcat 5.0 and I'm trying to write a little webapplication.
In this case I need to get the data from a database. Now I want to write my
own property-file from which I can get the information about the driver, user
and password. I've done this before, but I haven't done it on a webserver so
far. To get the Connection I'm using a connectionfactory.jar file which
reads the property file and establishes a connection.
My question is now if this can work? And if yes where to do I have to put
the property file?
Maybe someone has done this before and can help me?!
Would be great,

thx Amrûn

NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL
Ab sofort DSL-Tarif ohne Grundgebühr: