tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Sriram N <sriramx_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Thanks Craig (Was: Re: TC evolment)
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 10:21:39 GMT

--- Craig McClanahan <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:

> <wistful-smile>
> And to think it was only a couple of years ago that I got thorougly
> chastised (by more than a few people participating in this thread :-)
> for suggesting that Tomcat standalone might actually be a viable
> production solution for some applications.
> </wistful-smile>

If it makes you feel good:

I was a lurker on those old threads. I'm happy to say that I decided to go
along with your judgement and use Tomcat for some solutions that we'd need to
deliver. I'd used TC 4.0.1 way back then, and our apps are still running fine
on the following configuration :Win98, Pentium 200MMX, 64 MB RAM, JDK 1.3.1.

> Craig McClanahan

-- Sriram