tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Coyote's ServerSocketFactory problem
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 21:32:05 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anton Ushakov" <antonu@stanford.edu>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 10:59 PM
Subject: Re: Coyote's ServerSocketFactory problem

> Alright, thanks Bill. I have nothing against Tomcat5 and indeed the
> socketFactory="my.factory" attribute works. But is there any way to pass
> custom parameters to the factory from the conf file? With a <Factory>
> element it was possible but with a single attribute am I out of luck?
> All this IntrospectionUtils business is confusing...

The way this works is that all of the <Connector> attributes are passed on
to the Protocol.  In the case of the Http11Protocol, the attributes are then
passed on to the SocketFactory (via calling the setAttribute method of
o.a.t.u.net.ServerSocketFactory).  So all you have to do is to set your
parameters on the <Connector>, and they will end up passed to your
SocketFactory.  You can look at JSSESocketFactory to see how Tomcat handles
this for the default SSL connector.