tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: wrong timeIdel value in StandardSession
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 03:10:50 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Amy Roh" <amyroh@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 6:07 PM
Subject: wrong timeIdel value in StandardSession

> The following patch causes regression where sessions don't expire when it
> should.  I have a test app that does refresh every 70 sec.  When I set
> timeout to 2 minute - the session *never* expires.

I see the change to be not so much a regression as a bug-fix :).  Your app
is accessing the session every 70 sec, so the session is never idle for the
required 2 min to allow it to expire.

> cvs diff -r 1.26 -r 1.27 StandardSession.java
>
> 587c587
> <             int timeIdle = (int) ((timeNow - lastAccessedTime) / 1000L);
> ---
> >             int timeIdle = (int) ((timeNow - thisAccessedTime) / 1000L);
>
> I propose to revert the patch.

I'm -1 on reverting unless you can explain why you think that the previous
behavior is correct wrt the spec.  And, no, the fact that this bug has been
in every version of Tomcat back to at least 3.2.x isn't good enough ;-).