tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Hans Verschoor" <han...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Losing line numbers in stracktraces
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 23:39:51 GMT
Hello

I have a problem reading stacktrace info when Tomcat throws an exception caused by a servlet
or a class calld by a servlet
I have my classes compiled into in the ..... WEB-INF/classes directory and (so far) I use
no war or jar.
When an exception is thrown the stacktrace does not show line numbers but "Unknown source",
which is "not so handy".
The classes are compiled correctly, in other circumstances the line numbers DO appear in stacktraces
using the same classes.
I am a relative newbie, so my questions are:
1. Do I need to configure the webapploader explicitly ?
2. Do I need some switch on de java statement when starting tomcat ?

Kind regards,
Hans