tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5 CoyoteAdapter.java CoyoteOutputStream.java CoyoteReader.java CoyoteRequest.java CoyoteWriter.java
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 01:29:28 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <jfarcand@apache.org>
To: <jakarta-tomcat-catalina-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 5:55 PM
Subject: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
CoyoteAdapter.java CoyoteOutputStream.java CoyoteReader.java
CoyoteRequest.java CoyoteWriter.java

> jfarcand    2004/04/05 17:55:07
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
>                         CoyoteAdapter.java CoyoteOutputStream.java
>                         CoyoteReader.java CoyoteRequest.java
>                         CoyoteWriter.java
>   Log:
>   Add public method consistently. Currently some methods were private,
some final
>   and some public.

I'm -0 on this.  The classes modified are all internal to the Tomcat 5.x
CoyoteConnector, so there is no good reason to make them public.

>   Making such classes public allowed re-utilization of those classes as a
base for new connector( ex: NSAPI)

The way that Coyote is designed, this should always be unnecessary.  The way
to build a new connector is to define a new ProtocolHandler that deals with
the transport.