tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <efl...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: jk2 buglets
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 21:33:29 GMT
Hi Mladen,

>> but what will we all loose if then the scoreboard isnt active??
>>

> In case of single child mpm, nothing.
> On others, jkstatus at least.
so the scoreboard is only for collecting stats?

> Also, we adopted the APR as mandatory, so, all platform specific code
> except JNI has to go out (sooner or later).
sure, I know - but you cant expect that every APR also supports SHM/MMAP;
so cant we take only those things which are common to all platforms?
I mean, I see there's a workaround for HPUX, so why not a workaround for NetWare and Solaris
and whatever else platform with broken shm too? Apache2 works without shm/mmap in general,
so it would be fine if mod_jk2 doesnt expect more than Apache2 from APR....

Guenter.