tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [OT] problems posting attachments to the list - Yoav??
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:24:53 GMT

Howdy,

>> Basically, no ;)  I can't look into it, as the policy regarding
>> attachements is ASF-general.  The tomcat lists are no different from
all
>> other ASF lists, I couldn't make them different even if I tried.
>That's not true:
>- I'm suscribed to apr and httpd-dev lists, and there attachments work.
>- The Tomcat list _is_ different since it's the only list appending the
>unsubscribe information footer.

Then at least Jakarta lists are all the same.

>I bed that the issue is gone if you remove the footer.

That's not in my power to try: contact the general apache mail
administrator with your concerns and suggestions for this issue.

>> Consider using Bugzilla to attach patches to known issues.  A patch
>> without a matching Bugzilla attachment is more likely to be
>> ignored/missed anyways.
>that's not ok for a developer's list; the list is for proposed patches
and
>discussions about patches, buzilla is for bugs.
>According to your oppinion we can close then this mailing list here and
do
>all conversation through bugzilla.

No, read what I said carefully.  You can discuss things all you want
here, and it's the right place to do it.  A patch without an issue
(including enhancement issues) is not likely to be applied, because it's
bugzilla we primarily consult when doing releases.

Yoav Shapira