tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Returned mail: Delivery Failed
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:45:00 GMT

Hi,

>> All these addresses are fully subscribed (i.e. they responded to the
>> subscription confirmation message).  Only subscribed addresses may
post
>> here.
>
>Thanks for the information.  I'm not one to sit by and critique
>something that I'm not willing to help out on.  So, I'd be willing to
>help out if needed.  I'm not a committer, but I've been reading this
>list for years.

One needs to be a committer (for any ASF project, not necessarily
tomcat), but thanks for the help offer anyways ;)  Mark will help cover
weekends starting soon, so that should be good.

What I'd like to see is a smarter subscription mechanism that requires
you to type a specific phrase/number as shown on the subscription
confirmation email (or perhaps on a web page), thereby greatly reducing
the ability of auto-responders to subscribe themselves to the list.

Yoav Shapira