tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [OT] problems posting attachments to the list - Yoav??
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:05:07 GMT

Howdy,

>Just checked my recent echoed patches and while OE6 shows a paperclip
>symbol against them, the attachments (if still present) are not
accessible.

That's because OE6 will strip "potentially dangerous" attachements (=
nearly anything).

>since you are the list moderator, maybe you can also look into the
>attachment problem I (and probably others too) have? Every time I
attach a
>patch, when my post returns through the list the attachment is replaced
by
>'noname.txt' containing the footer which is normally appended to each
post.
>Can you perhaps solve this issue??
>Am I the only one having this problem, or are there others seeing this
too?
>I use AkMail and have no problems on other Apache lists, so it's most
>likely
>that there's a problem with the footer which is automatically added,
and
>then destroys the attachment...

Basically, no ;)  I can't look into it, as the policy regarding
attachements is ASF-general.  The tomcat lists are no different from all
other ASF lists, I couldn't make them different even if I tried.

Consider using Bugzilla to attach patches to known issues.  A patch
without a matching Bugzilla attachment is more likely to be
ignored/missed anyways.

Yoav Shapira