tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <efl...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [5.0.19] Release vote
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:24:32 GMT
Hi Remy,
>> two things I found (which are probably older bugs, seen them with
>> 5.0.18 too):
>>
>> - if I call snoop.jsp directly through Tomcat I get 'Content length:
>> -1' while through mod_jk2 I get 'Content length: 0'

> Both are acceptable, but -1 is more accurate.
ok.

>> - redirection to the welcome file doesnt work properly. With TC4 it
>> seems that there happens a redirection to the location of the welcome
>> file, while with TC5 it looks more that the file is fetched and
>> served from base location

> This is as intended, and is indeed a change in behavior. I understand it
> could cause trouble for some applications, but is a lot cleaner and more
> efficient.
but it prevents to move applications from TC4 to TC5 since they dont work out-of-the-box as
before, f.e. *.war.
isnt there a setting to archive the old behaviour??

>> other than that, I've tested with a few other apps which work fine so
>> far...
just found another small issue (seen on Linux and Win32)
- the link on the Tomcat main page to webdav now produces a directory listing rather than
call index.html

Guenter.