tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Anderson" <mmand...@novell.com>
Subject Re: jk2 2.0.4 release plan
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:02:38 GMT
I'll be happy to deliver zips instead of NLMS. for NetWare.

Henri (and others) since we are tagging and releasing jk2 can/should we
do the same for jk since I know there is added functionality (Ping/Pong
and timeouts) there as well?

Thanks,
Mike Anderson

>>> eflash@gmx.net 2/3/2004 9:27:14 AM >>>
Hi,
> Since many people ask for a jk2 release, 2.0.4, I'll act as
> release manager if nobody else want to take the job before
> Friday.
great, thanks!

> Comments welcome
two things I would like to discuss:
1) I would like to see all binaries packed to tar.gz or zip; this is
definitely better in two ways: the original file timestamp keeps intact,
and if the download is broken normally the archiver reports that.
Oh, I've just checked, and this is only true for win32 and netware with
mod_jk, with mod_jk2 win32 has zip...
please Mike, can you put up zip files instead of renamed NLMs - also
with future mod_jk releases?

2) ask for a reason why the file extension was not changed to .so on
Win32 when Apache 1.3.15 moved to this...?

thanks, Guenter.