tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <efl...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Mod_Jk2 - Default Worker
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:30:53 GMT
Hi Costin,
>> Good morning Costin.
>> Apologies for the silence. I had hoped there might have been a little
>> more input from others on this topic.
I think it is also necessary to discuss a bit the proper configuration of mod_jk2.
The docu is all other but clear, mixed up with the docu for mod_jk, and I see that the jkstatus
output differs heavily with only slight other configs; also I think we should add a minimal
config to the binary distributions;
I want to have a config which is easy to change, and works without change in 98% of installations;
and is just enough to connect to TC, access the docu, and execute the samples.
here's a sample which works without a workers2.properties file:
http://www.gknw.com/development/apache/docs/win32/mod_jk2/mod_jk2x.conf

and here a nearly mininal workers2.properties file:
http://www.gknw.com/development/apache/docs/win32/mod_jk2/min_w2.properties

common with both configs is that there's only one place where you have to change the host
and port if necessary; and that's what I call user-friendly.

also would be nice to have some hints in the docu about where to put uri stuff, benefit of
having them in mod_jk2.conf, and samples for lb mode.

if you have a few minutes please test both configs and check how the jkstatus differs...

Guenter.