tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Mod_Jk2 - Default Worker
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:32:45 GMT
Henri Gomez wrote:
> jean-frederic clere wrote:
>
>> Henri Gomez wrote:

>>> We're working, Jean-Frederic, Kurt and I in arranging 2.0.4 build so
>>> new features should wait for 2.0.5.
>>>
>>> BTW, I add some ftix in jk 1.2.x to make POST recovery in LB mode and
>>> I agree that the LB shouldn't be seen as a worker.
>>>
>>> What I like to see to make easier the LoadBalancing/Failover in jk2 :
>>>
>>> - in service, grab request HEADERS and POST datas and store BOTH
>>>   in the service land.
>>

>> POST data could be very big.
>

> I agree but we could still detect VERY BIG POST (not the usual case),
> and save them on disk.
>
> The goal is to have in fine a bullet proof LB connector.

We could save only some initial chunk - for example what is needed to
fill the first Ajp packet. My understanding is that this is the current
behavior - just obfuscated.

I think the protocl would work even if you don't send any byte of the
POST data in the first packet, the only reason we send post data is to
avoid round-trips for very small posts.

Keeping the entire POST can be dangerous ( out of memory on apache side,
etc ). It is very possible the servlet will just reject the request and
never read the IS.

Costin