tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject JspC bug: Was this ever fixed?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:33:49 GMT
I've been running into a problem where JspC cannot seem to handle pages that
use packaged taglibs, as added in the JSP 1.2 spec. Since the 1.2 spec has
been out for quite some time now (!), it seems odd that that is not
supported (and in the RI at that, although I realise the spec doesn't
exactly cover Ant tasks ;). I dredged the archives, and this problem seems
to have been known about for around a year and a half. See:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=102894543325768&w=2

I have seen many people asking the question, but no real answer, other than
Kris's workaround that requires treating packaged taglibs as if they were
not packaged taglibs, which seems counter to the whole point, really.

Thoughts, anyone?

--
Martin Cooper