tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From G√ľnter Knauf <efl...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: jk2 2.0.4 release plan
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:27:14 GMT
Hi,
> Since many people ask for a jk2 release, 2.0.4, I'll act as
> release manager if nobody else want to take the job before
> Friday.
great, thanks!

> Comments welcome
two things I would like to discuss:
1) I would like to see all binaries packed to tar.gz or zip; this is definitely better in
two ways: the original file timestamp keeps intact, and if the download is broken normally
the archiver reports that.
Oh, I've just checked, and this is only true for win32 and netware with mod_jk, with mod_jk2
win32 has zip...
please Mike, can you put up zip files instead of renamed NLMs - also with future mod_jk releases?

2) ask for a reason why the file extension was not changed to .so on Win32 when Apache 1.3.15
moved to this...?

thanks, Guenter.