tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <efl...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [5.0.19] Release vote
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:34:41 GMT
Hi,
> <ballot>
> Release 5.0.19 as Stable:
> [x] Yes
> [ ] No
> </ballot>

tested that it starts fine and that the samples work on:
SuSE Linux 7.0 + 8.2 mod_jk2 JVM Sun 1.4.2_03
Novell NetWare 6.5 mod_jk2 JVM Sun 1.4.2_02
Novell NetWare 6.0 mod_jk2 JVM Sun 1.4.1_05
Win2K SP4 mod_jk2 JVM Sun 1.4.2_03
WinXP SP1 mod_jk2 JVM Sun 1.4.2_03

two things I found (which are probably older bugs, seen them with 5.0.18 too):

- if I call snoop.jsp directly through Tomcat I get 'Content length: -1' while through mod_jk2
I get 'Content length: 0'

- redirection to the welcome file doesnt work properly. With TC4 it seems that there happens
a redirection to the location of the welcome file, while with TC5 it looks more that the file
is fetched and served from base location

other than that, I've tested with a few other apps which work fine so far...

Guenter.