tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <efl...@gmx.net>
Subject [POPOSAL] change extension of Win32 Apache connectors to .so
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:23:18 GMT
Hi all,
before this gets again forgotten, here's the reminder:

should we change the Win32 binary extention of the Apache modules to .so instead of .dll ??

Apache changed that with version 1.3.15 already; and I got a lot of questions about that at
this time...
now the questions are the other turn: why is mod_jk/mod_jk2 a dll? where do I have to put
it in?

so I'm +1 for changing to .so because I think then the chances are better that the user puts
the module into the Apache modules folder...

please vote for this:

[+/-]1 for changing to .so

thanks, Guenter.