tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Earle" <erikea...@hotmail.com>
Subject Disconnecting Socket from the handling thread
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 00:40:24 GMT
I've had a decent inital look at the source for Tomcat 5.0 to see if I could
quickly answer this myself but I thought since I haven't quite figured it
out yet, I'd ask the experts.

I have an application that wants to handle the socket (or higher level
objects: req, resp) using it's own thread pool.

Is there an easy way to decouple the socket from the ControlRunnable and
hand it off to another thread (and return the initial thread back to the
pool)

...without writing my own Connector?