tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Greg.C...@pfizer.com
Subject RE: jk2 buglets
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:45:12 GMT
Hi All,

We have been giving the latest CVS code for mod_jk2 a thorough test to look
towards using it as our next production release.

Happy to say that thus far it seems fine.

The following still looks like a bug to me so I have attached a diff (not
huge) of jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/jk_shm.c :

$ diff jk_shm.c jk_shm.c.org
201c201
<                       shm->fname, (int) finfo.size, rc, (int)
globalShmPool, error );
---
>                       shm->fname, finfo.size, rc, globalShmPool, error );

finfo.size needs to be cast to an int avoid a stack overflow, as on a lot of
platforms finfo.size and globalShmPool can be longs on solaris hosts that
have large file support or 64bit mode.  These are derived from size_t in
/usr/include/sys/types.h (used by APR).

I would have thought that the AMD opteron's might have the same issue.

Does the above make sense?

Could someone agree/disagree and commit/not commit appropriately.

Thanks.

Greg