tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From EBRARD Loic <loic.ebr...@airbus.com>
Subject RE: pdf automatic opening problem
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:41:49 GMT
thanks for this idea...

the fact is that i have to disable mod_deflate
not by : SetEnvIfNoCase REQUEST_URI ....
but by : Content-Type: application/pdf

i'm actually trying : AddAltByType "pdf" application/pdf
other idea welcome

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Laurent Blume [mailto:laurent@elanor.org]
Envoyé : mardi 17 février 2004 15:53
À : Tomcat Developers List
Objet : Re: pdf automatic opening problem

Quoting EBRARD Loic <loic.ebrard@airbus.com>:

> Hi every,
> is anabody found a solution for probem of opening a pdf send from
> apache-tomcat in mod_deflate ?
> the disease appear like this : ie receive a pdf file that would be open in
> adobe... however there is the window : "save file to ..." opening instead.
> if i disable mod_deflate... all works fine...
>
> i'm actually in 	- apache 2.0.48
> 		- tomcat 4
> 		- jk2
> 		- mod_deflate
>
> I tried to disable deflate on pdf with those sentences :
> SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI application/postscript application/pdf* no-gzip
> dont-vary
> SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.pdf$ no-gzip dont-vary
> but the apache serveur seem to send a servlet that is not reconize as
> containing a pdf file..

Hello,

I just met the problem today, on a similar configuration, and for me, the
fix
that you applied worked.

I actually just modified a bit the sample configuration for mod_deflate:

  # Don't compress images
  SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \
  \.(?:gif|jpe?g|png|pdf)$ no-gzip dont-vary

restarted Apache, and that was it.

In my case, the PDF file was a real, static one, not generated by a servlet.

Maybe you can have a look at the actual packets exchanged to see what is the
difference in header with and without mod_deflate?

Laurent