tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <efl...@gmx.net>
Subject TC 5.0.18 problems with welcome file
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:20:49 GMT
Hi all,
I have problems with some webapps where the welcome file doesnt work as with TC 3.3 and TC4.

these apps are have this structure:

app
   \
    documentation
                 \
                  index.html
   \WEB-INF
           \
            web.xml

web.xml contains:

<web-app>
  <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>/documentation/index.html</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

now if I drop the app below the webapps folder this works fine with TC 3.3 and TC4.1.30;
but with TC5.0.18 I get only the index page back, but all links in the docu are broken because
they are relative;
it sems to me that TC3 and 4 does a changedir to the folder where the welcome file is located
while TC5 only fetches the page and then serves it as if it would be located in the app folder.

Is this a bug with TC5, or something I'm missing with my config perhaps??
I've tested this with TC 5.0.18 JVM 1.4.2_03 on SuSE Linux and Win2K, and on both platforms
the same behavior.

Guenter.