tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Armstrong <a...@tagish.com>
Subject Re: problem with simultaneous access
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:02:00 GMT
Alex Pijoan wrote:

> Hi I have installed tomcat version 4.1.24, and I have a problem.
>
> My problem is this, when I call to same servlet from 2 computers at same
> time the first that send request not receive the response and the second
> receive the one's response and his response is lost. I suppose that the
> problem is on the configuration of tomcat and not the servlet because if
> I do the same things but with a second delay between the first and the
> second request not have this problem.

This isn't the right place to ask the question but it sounds as if
there's a design problem with the servlet. A single instance of the
servlet will receive both requests. If the second request arrives before
the first is processed it will be handling them concurrently. Is your
servlet thread safe?

--
Andy Armstrong, Tagish