tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remote Access using JSR 160
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:03:46 GMT
Amy Roh wrote:
> Not all Tomcat 5 MBeans are serializable and I think we should make all our
> exposed MBeans serializable if we want to support remote access to
> MBeanServer using JSR 160.  We'll need to modify Tomcat MBeans to only have
> serializable attributes and return types.
>
> Comments?

That's not completely doable for now, I think (ex: the StandardContext
returns itself for some attributes, and it's needed in some places).
Would it be possible to wait until tomorrow to start doing that (ie,
after I tag 5.0.19) ?

BTW, another problem: on StandardContext and StandardWrapper, the
objectName attribute returns an ObjectName, rather than a String.

Rémy