tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <hgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mod_Jk2 - Default Worker
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:31:16 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
> NormW wrote:
>
>> Good morning Costin.
>> Apologies for the silence. I had hoped there might have been a little
>> more
>> input from others on this topic.
>

> Same here :-)

We're working, Jean-Frederic, Kurt and I in arranging 2.0.4 build so new
features should wait for 2.0.5.

BTW, I add some fix in jk 1.2.x to make POST recovery in LB mode and I
agree that the LB shouldn't be seen as a worker.

What I like to see to make easier the LoadBalancing/Failover in jk2 :

- in service, grab request HEADERS and POST datas and store BOTH
   in the service land.

- forward the HEADERS/POST datas to the first worker, and
   if transmission failed or no replies came after XXX seconds,
   forward the HEADERS/POST to another worker and so on.

When I see how ajp13 works in jk (don't look at jk2 for now),
the mix of buffers is a nightmare, since ajp13 mix send part of
datas from webserver to tomcat, and reception of datas from tomcat to
webserver.

What I'd like to see is a more simpler communication system, where
webserver will send ONE packet containing HEADERS and another with
POST datas (if needed).