tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [5.0.19] New tag next week ?
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:44:52 GMT
Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> Howdy, 5.0.18 has been good, so there's no big rush.  But there are
> bug fixes and doc updates, which are always good to get out ;)  So
> I'm neutral on the date, I think next week is fine.

There are a number of significant fixes having been made since 5.0.18.
Indeed there were few regressions or similar, so this is good.

My list of significant stuff includes:
- Bugs 26611, 26492, 26373, 26432, 26010, 26341, 26628, 26487.
- Jan's fix on RequestGroupInfo.
- The rather visible home.c syntax error in commons-deamon.
- Fixed connector shutdown.
- Allow configuring how much memory the HTTP connector uses. By default,
it's a lot less than before. There's one related fix I'll need to do
(dynamically resizing the buffer used for the HTTP response header), but
it'll wait until after the tag.
- Plenty of session access optimization and invalidation fixes.

Testing of HEAD is encouraged to fix issues before the end of next week
:) (please don't come up with your issues five minutes after I've
finished uploading and signing the build, I won't be pleased)

I'll try to do some polish and testing of my own before the tag. Incl
for example testing JNI with my (truted) IIS 5 install. The last time I
did was one year ago, and I've seen classpath induced complaints about
this on tomcat-user.

Rémy