tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler Generator.java
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:41:54 GMT
Kin-Man Chung wrote:
> -1.
>
> Remy, please reread JSP 2.0 spec, p 1-101,1-102.  Bullet .2 of the Semantics
> section was added to allow for this kind of optimization.  Bullet .5 and .6
> will be executed ONLY IF the container choose not to issue translation errors.

I cannot really understand what the fragment really means, so I don't
know. I had the impression that it implied that the error should be at
runtime.
I recommend the change is reverted as I did, as many users will likely
make the same mistake, since the specification is impossible to
understand (if you are right and your change indeed does not break the
specification). This will also create compilation errors when upgrading
from TC 4 to TC 5.

Rémy