tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: WebDAV and TC5
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2004 09:10:51 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
>>From: Shapira, Yoav []
>>I don't have a big objection.  But we removed it from TC5
>>not by accident.  No one has been complaining, aside from the one user
>>who just voice in a few minutes ago, so we should have a good argument
>>for adding it back, no?
> The main reason for adding back in was after looking into
> It seemed that adding
> the servlet back in to TC5 might be a good idea.
> The response my original post received seems to indicate that there are a number
> of people  who would appreciate adding the webapp back in.
> In summary it consists of a single index page, a couple of gifs and a web.xml
> that configures the servlet. The intention is to give users new to WebDAV a
> simple starting point.
> I'll go ahead and do this over the weekend.

The servlet should be mapped as /* (to override Jasper and all the
others), and the welcome file list should be empty, right ?

Maybe adding a docs section explaining clearly how to use the WebDAV
servlet would be better than reintroducing the webapp.

> Longer term

Longer term what ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: