tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Schwartz <alexander.schwa...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: POST recovery in JK and JK2 HEAD
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:58:50 GMT
> I commited the fixes for the POST recovery in JK and JK2
> when in LB mode which should solve this major problem.
>
> Could Alexander who is the original reporter validate the fix ?

YES and NO:

Post recovery works now in the scenario, the loadbalancer doesn't forget
the post body when a tomcat fails.

THIS DOES NOT FIX the problem with the output when tomcat already sent
data to the client (see my mail date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:33:34 +0100),
but you have already been discussing this under the subject "Mod_Jk2 -
Default Worker".

My two cents: when the tomcat fails after data has been sent to the
client, assume that the request is complete, i.e. return JK_TRUE
(otherwise apache will add some error messages to the reply).

Alex.

--
Alexander Schwartz (alexander.schwartz@gmx.net)
http://www.ahus1.de