tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Schwartz <alexander.schwa...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: failover-problem and session mixup: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/mod_jk: jk_ajp_common.c
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:11:20 GMT
Hello Henri,

Am Fr, den 06.02.2004 schrieb Henri Gomez um 10:15:

> Strange, also I need a complete mod_jk.log for study.

OK, here is the first part of my tests with mod_jk from CVS:

Test 1:

   * run apache/mod_jk with cluster and failover (config included)
   * tc1 is offline
   * tc2 is a real tomcat

After the apache start the first request (post of login.html, included)
is directed to tc1, but it doesn't response. The request is directed to
tc2, and EchoFilter.java echos the POST-data to the client. This is OK!

Trace: jk.log.onlytc2runs

Test 2:

   * run apache/mod_jk with cluster and failover (config included)
   * tc1 is a simple netcat (nc -l -p 9010 localhost)
   * tc2 is a real tomcat

After the apache starts the first request (post of login.html, included)
is directed to tc1. netcat answers the connection and prints out some
garbage on the console. Then you kill netcat (^C). Then mod_jk redirects
the request to tc2. ==> here mod_jk "forgets" the POST-data and no data
is shown to the client!

Trace: jk.log.netcatdiedfailovertotc2

Tomorrow I'll trace the problem when tc1 fails after it has already sent
header and data to the client.

Alex.

--
Alexander Schwartz (alexander.schwartz@gmx.net)