tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Schwartz <alexander.schwa...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: failover-problem and session mixup: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/mod_jk: jk_ajp_common.c
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 21:02:44 GMT
Hello Henri, hello mod_jk-Developers,

Am Di, den 27.01.2004 schrieb Henri Gomez um 18:00:

> > we are currently experiencing some problems with mod_jk with
> > loadbalancing:
> >
> >    (A) when a post-request fails while receiving data from tomcat, the
> > loadbalancer tries to send the request to the other tomcat, but
> > "forgets" the post body content (i.e. login and password submitted by
> > the user). The size of the body content is only a few bytes (< 100), so
> > it's not the "known" problem with bodies longer than 8k.
> >
> >    (B) it seems that sometimes after a POST-failover body data from an
> > old request is sent to the other tomcat when the first connection
> > failed. This leads to a session mix-up & user mix-up!

[...]

> It used to works but it was before the content-header add-on code.
>
> This piece of is a nightmare, and I see no easier solution than copying
> the HEAD+POST in temp buffer but I'd like to have Bill, Mladen and JFC
> advices...

I'd really like to use mod_jk open source software in our production
environment, but I need to make sure it's strong enough for production.
I need some advice on the two issues (as far as I can see there has been
no commit on CVS and/or discussion results)

   * do you think the POST-recovery caused the session mix-up?

   * does our patch successfully eliminate the problem by disabling
     POST-recovery?

The patch is attached.

Thanks a lot,
Alexander.